Information on the protection of personal data
Safran (www.safran-group.com) has set up a recruitment platform.
This privacy notice indicates how Safran Group companies handle the personal data of internal or external candidates.
Personal data: any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an "identifiable natural person" is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly
I. Purpose of processing and legal basis
The management of job openings, applications and interviews necessarily involves the processing of personal data of candidates who have created an account within the platform. This management includes:
- the collection, recording and storage of applicants' personal data ;
- contact (email, telephone) and organization of interviews;
- identification of a candidate for a position and proposal of a position corresponding to the profile
- management of the candidate's profile;
- reference and background checks ;
- Management and improvement of the recruitment platform in order to offer better products and services to the candidate;
- management of internal or external audits, reports and inspections;
- the realization of anonymous statistics in order to prove our respect of the regulation;
- compliance with the legal obligations to which Safran is subject;
- the protection of our personnel, our rights and those of others, our property and our information.
The processing of personal data must be carried out on the basis of an adequate legal basis, which are :
- the execution of pre-contractual measures taken at the request of the candidate in order to create an account on the recruitment platform with a view to applying for a job at Safran, as well as the management of interviews;
- the consent of the candidates to receive a newsletter on jobs;
- compliance with Safran's legal obligations, particularly with regard to information system security and due diligence;
- Safran's legitimate interest in :
- create a CV and resume library;
- Determine how candidates got to the platform in order to improve the visibility of job openings;
- preserve the security and confidentiality of its information system;
- verify the application of our non-discrimination procedures in hiring;
- comply with international regulatory requirements, defend its interests in court or before an arbitrator, manage the companies' general operating activities, protect its personnel, assets and information, and provide state-of-the-art products.
Data may not be re-used for purposes that are not compatible with the original purposes, unless the applicant's consent is obtained. In this case, the applicant will be notified of the re-use of the data beforehand.
II. Personal data processed
The personal data processed by Safran is listed below. This list may change in order to allow Safran to comply with local regulations.
- Identification and contact data (last name, first name, address, country of residence, email and phone number(s), etc.)
- Professional experience and training (level and field of study, language spoken and level, CV/Resume and information contained therein, skills, aptitude tests, prizes and awards, voluntary or volunteer work, significant professional experience if applicable, reference letter, etc.)
- Position sought (field & profession, type of contract, mobility, salary expectations if applicable, location of work, etc.)
- Information contained in the cover letter, recommendation letter or CV/Resume
- Browsing within the recruitment platform, location and account data (IP address, connection log, MAC address, role and permission, settings and preferences, etc.)
- Origin of the application: Safran's job openings are available on several external professional platforms. If the candidate arrives on the Safran recruitment platform via an externally published job opening, Safran is able to determine the origin of the candidate;
- If required by local regulations applicable to the position to be filled or if strictly necessary to manage your application: gender, marital status, family status, demographic information, age, date and place of birth, immigration and citizenship, disabled worker recognition, work permit, criminal or delinquent status recognition, race/ethnicity, veteran status, special needs
This data can be collected directly from the candidate via the information on the form or contacts with the people in charge of recruitment or be collected indirectly if the candidate has an account and profile on a professional social network and applies through this channel.
For remote interviews, the candidate's video conferencing tool IDs are also collected. No recordings of remote interviews are made. This only allows Safran and the candidate to communicate without having to travel to Safran's premises.
For deferred interviews, Safran collects voice and image data (videos) and answers to specific questions about the professional experience of the candidate who has applied for a position.
Completion of the information fields marked with an asterisk is required to create the account and/or process the application. If the applicant wishes to have his/her personal data deleted or refuses to provide them, this will result in the cancellation of the application process and/or the inability to create the account.
The personal data related to the EEO CODE (American bonds) are expressed as a percentage and are not nominative.
III. Retention and deletion of personal data
If the candidate has created an account and applied for a job, his account and personal data will be kept for 2 years after his last application and then deleted.
If the candidate has created an account without applying for a job, his account and personal data will be kept for 2 years after his last connection and then deleted.
Specific to Germany: the account and data of the applicants will be deleted 6 months after the last application.
After these deadlines, the candidate will receive an e-mail suggesting to update his personal data. If no response is received within 10 days, the account and all personal data will be deleted from the database.
The applicant can delete his or her account on the applicant area at any time. This deletion of the account from the database leads to the deletion of all personal data and the cancellation of all application processes.
IV. Recipients of personal data
Personal data is accessible by actors who need it to perform their duties, including directors, authorized service providers subject to personal data protection and information systems security clauses, and authorized human resources personnel in charge of recruitment in all Safran companies.
Managers only have access to applications that are relevant to their job opening or to applications proposed by the HR professional in charge of their files.
Under no circumstances does Safran sell or transfer personal data to third parties for commercial or advertising purposes.
Due diligence operations carried out during negotiations for the sale or purchase of a company may involve the transmission of personal data to the potential buyer or seller.
In the event of the sale of a Safran Group company, the personal data of candidates who have applied for a job opening from that particular company may be passed on to the new buyer.
V. Security and privacy
Safran has implemented appropriate security and confidentiality measures to protect personal data from loss, alteration or disclosure to unauthorized parties. These procedures are state of the art and are updated regularly.
As part of Safran's legitimate interest in securing its information system by ensuring traceability, connection logs are also processed and kept for one year; they are only accessible by administrators and the IT security team.
VI. Transfers outside the European Union
The management of job openings, applications and interviews is carried out by the Talent platform for all Safran Group companies. Personal data is thus accessible to all Safran recruiters or managers, in all countries where Safran operates.
Intra-group transfers of personal data are governed by Safran's Binding Corporate Rules Controller. These rules guarantee a level of protection for personal data transferred equivalent to that of the European Union within all Safran subsidiaries.
Safran has operations in the following countries:
Australia, Belgium, Belarus, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Hungary, India, Italy, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, Poland, Saudi Arabia, United Kingdom, United States, France, Spain, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Tunisia, Uruguay.
This list is subject to change and will be updated as soon as possible after any changes.
Some maintenance operations are carried out from India by service providers who are subject to Binding Corporate Rules Processor or European Commission standard contractual clauses, which can be made available to the data subject on request. The Service Providers have thus contractually agreed to protect the personal data of the candidates in accordance with European data protection standards.
VII. Additional management information
Artificial intelligence solution
Safran has integrated an artificial intelligence function into its management system to better take into account applications. The algorithm in place reads all the information contained in the CVs sent by candidates to Safran and determines the profiles that best match the job opening based on experience, skills and training.
The final decision is always made by the future manager and the HR in charge of recruitment.
This technology allows recruiters to better consider all the applications received and to respond more quickly to candidates.
Equivalent employment opportunities and satisfaction
As part of the management of the recruitment platform, Safran has put in place measures to :
- to provide equivalent employment opportunities, including but not limited to selection, recruitment, promotion, transfer and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race or ethnicity (if recognized by local law), religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, genetic information or other protected status.
- to improve the processes of recruitment, integration, management and training of employees, trainees and apprentices.
As far as a candidate has inserted letters of reference or designated professional or personal referees, Safran may contact these referees in order to obtain from them any information relevant to the candidate's application.
Similarly, if a candidate has designated Safran or a Safran employee as a reference for a future job, the latter may provide any relevant information to the potential employer as part of the application process.
The applicant undertakes to hold Safran or its personnel harmless for having provided or received such information.
VIII. Employment newsletters
Within his account, the candidate can consent (opt-in) to receive newsletters regarding job opening. The types of job openings sent are configurable by the candidate according to the geographical perimeter or the fields.
On his account, the candidate can at any time modify the settings and/or stop sending newsletters.
IX. Anonymous and voluntary questionnaire
Safran has implemented a non-discrimination policy to ensure equal treatment of all applications received on its recruitment platform. In Safran's legitimate interest in verifying the application of this procedure, Safran uses the email address provided by the applicant to propose an anonymous questionnaire. The service provider chosen by Safran will send an email to the candidate and make the questionnaire available on its platform. The answers to the questionnaire are anonymous.
The completion or not of this questionnaire will not have any consequence on the management of the applications.
The creation of an account on the Safran recruitment platform will lead to the implementation of the aforementioned personal data processing. It is therefore necessary for the candidate to be aware of and understand the conditions for processing personal data on the recruitment platform before creating an account.
The applicant certifies that the information he/she will provide in the account creation form and during the interview process is true and complete in all respects and to the best of his/her knowledge, and he/she agrees that if the company determines that the information is incomplete, false, misleading, or unsatisfactory in any respect, he/she will be disqualified from employment or subject to immediate termination if discovered after my hiring.
XI. Rights of the persons concerned
Applicants have the right to access, rectify, delete, limit and port their personal data, as well as the right to object, which they can exercise by contacting the Safran Personal Data Protection Officer: safran.dpo[at]safrangroup.com.
Specificities of the right to portability: The applicant can request a copy of all his personal data from the platform in his personal space. The data sent by email to the candidate does not include the connection logs. To retrieve these logs, the applicant must make a request to the Data Protection Officer at the address specified above.
If there is any doubt about the identity of the applicant, proof of identity may be requested.
The applicant may also file a complaint with a personal data control authority in the event of no response or an unsatisfactory response from Safran.
For France, please visit: www.cnil.fr
This mailbox is not intended to receive job and internship/apprenticeship applications. These will not be processed. For technical bugs related to the platform, a specific address has been set up: etalent.equipe[at]safran.fr.
XII. Modification of the personal data protection information
This statement is subject to change by Safran in order to remain consistent with established practices and regulations regarding the protection of personal data. The applicant will be informed of any substantial changes.